Fourth of July Vegan/Bio/Natural Wine Box - "For the Meatless,"
No animals harmed in the making of these wines. For our "Meatless" vegan and veggie friends. These wines will add those savory qualities to any meal. Designed for serious wine drinkers, but with the added stamp of "Natural" (a loose term, but generally means Biodynamic, unfiltered, little to no sulfur addition). Savory, bold, made with no human intervention. For the nerdier wine crew, these wines are going to make that tofu sing, that broccoli scream, and that bold vegan roast holler!
2019 Vin Pétillant Brick and Mortar Sparkling UNFILTERED, Sonoma Coast
- Your starter or finisher or ANYTIME bubbles. Don't let the soda top deceive you, this sparkler rages! A mix of Pinot and Chard, it's big and bold on the mousse (bubbles/foam) and even bigger on the crispness, and the lovely flavors. Its lemon and savory notes combined. A house fav.
2017 Domaine de la Bournaire BIODYNAMIC Muscadet Sevre et Maine, France
- While generally an oyster wine, this Muscadet (NOT to be confused with Muscato) is crisp with a TON of texture (due to the lees stiring) and is bio, high texture, and SAVORY! It's what we're drinking after a long "warm" summer SF night!
2019 Two Shepards Pinot Gris UNFILTERED Ramato "Clarbec Vineyard" Sonoma Valley
- While not a rose, it almost feels like one. Crisp, rich and flavorful. But the flavors are different. A touch of peach tea, and melon rounding out a refreshing texture and lemon core. It's a world beater!
2017 Caruso Minini BIODYNAMIC "Terre Siciliane" Perricone
- This wine (from this vintage) won the world Bio Competition a couple of months ago. As we've been working with this wine for about a year, we weren't surprised at all. It's a riper style medium bodied red from a long forgotten grape varietal. Slight raisin flavors mixed in with layers of flowers, herbs and some lovely texture. It's a dinner wine! (96pts WS)
2018 The Hermit Ram "Whole Bunch" Pinot Noir ORGANIC, UNFILTERED North Canterbury, New Zealand
- A def favorite of the boss. A very unique but gorgeous super fragrant Pinot. The level of fresh cut flowers on the nose is just so over the top you are transported to a corner flower shop every time you bring the glass to nose. The cherry quality is certainly dominant on the pallet, but the extra flavors going on are such a bonus with each sip. This wine loves a little decant, but is still amazing right out of the glass. (95pts WE)
2017 On L'Appelle Braucol NATURAL (no sulfur, organic) IGP Comte Tolosan
- Ah, the Braucol. Don't worry, we hadn't heard of this grape either. It's a deep blackberry core with a leathery, meaty quality that just constantly develops in the glass. Seriously, taste this wine 15 mins after opening, and it's super meaty, then it just opens into this elegant mix of leather, spice and smoke. This is the first wine I recommend to Vegans every time they come in. It's just perfect to add to a veggie meal, as it's not so big to wipe out the more delicate flavors of veggie dishes, but weighty and flavorful enough to satisfy even the most diehard meatless folk!