Fourth of July Party To-Go! 6-pack - "The Baller BBQ Box"
If you want to BBQ like a pro, you need the essentials - You need da grill, da spatula, da meats, da corn, da watermelon, and, of course, you need the wines. We're trying to take the work out of making decision making in terms of picking out your wines. This is the classic box, for the serious BBQ/Wine drinker. If you like roasted meats, and you like to impress yo peeps - Prepare yourself for the serious levels of wine to match with your Q!
Jane Ventura Cava "Brut Nature"
- This is your starter. For those deviled eggs, wings, and even potato chips folks are munching on prior to the big show. Crisp lemon and apple flavors, with a touch of savory herbs. This is how to get the party started.
2017 Jean-Max Roger Menetou-Salon (next door to Sancerre) Sauvignon Blanc
- When you're ready for that mineral driven white wine, with a tart lemon core and layers upon layers of flavors - this is your baby. Could work as an app, though this dense style Sauvy-B is the jam for those who insist on whites, and don't like the sweeter style BBQ sauces.
2019 Mirabeau Provence Rosé
- Ready for in-between wine course? Me too! The pallet cleanser of choice. Classic Provence Rosé. Rich but very dry and very classic. Jasmine, dried strawberry and meyer lemon are dominate here. Try and share this wine... I dare you!
2015 Beaulieu Vineyards (BV) Tapestry Napa Valley Red Wine Blend (Bordeaux clone)
- Ready for yo meats? Here's round one. Classic big powerful Napa Red. This is a wine that shows the artistry of blending five Bordeaux-heritage grape varieties, which contributed layer-upon-layer of flavor complexity. Cabernet Sauvignon gave the wine its generous core of briary blackberry and cassis expression, while we increased the amount of Merlot this year to tame the tannins and add plush mid-palate texture. Malbec contributed deep plum notes, while Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot completed the blend with nuances of rose, forest loam and graphite (93pts WE)
2016 Stags' Leap Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- Meat wine number 2 - again, another classic BBQ beefcake! This Cabernet Sauvignon opens with crushed blueberries, black cherries and cassis with touches of yeast extract, beef dripping, bay leaves and cedar with a waft of lilacs. Medium-bodied and wonderfully elegant in the mouth, the palate reveals fantastic energy with a firm, grainy frame and long, mineral-laced finish.